Monday, July 2, 2012


My no-gathers gypsy skirt! 

(Summer 2013 update, you can order a copy of this pattern from:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SewKayBoutique)



Oh how I get sidetracked.  However, though it's been over a year since I blogged, I can say that this time has served as a gestational period for much creativity.  And like the action of spring after too long a winter my creativity is about to burst through the nourishing soil to grow and bloom above ground.  A stack of cut and drilled wood sits in the garage ready to be assembled into the framework my gypsy camper, patterns for skirts and quilts lay about my studio in various stages of finish and berries and herbs are ripe for picking in my garden.   At the same time I am poised on the edge of a journey, a road trip, to the Taos mountains of New Mexico.  My traveling companions and I will meet with old friends and meet new ones.  We will harvest honey from a friend's hive, visit a Buddhist temple, talk late into the night over homemade wine and soak in natural hotsprings.  You can virtually come with me, as I will do my best to record my journey in pictures and words for you here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment