Saturday, April 13, 2013

Quilt-o-journalistic musings


I was thinking of an occupation; you've heard about "photojournalists" who tell their stories with photographs.  Well how about one who tells their stories in textile arts?  I want to do this.  I have some good stories to tell.  Colorful stories.  I could use a mentor, a coach, someone to help me keep on task.

What are some of the images I might portray?  To me, an image from early childhood has become sort of iconic of that time in our lives.  It is the image of our International Scout truck piled high with boxed belongings, a truck bed topper stood upright against the cab to house our goats.   Also in the picture, set at a gas station stop are;  Wayne, Kate, 3 scraggly young children, a dog with one blue eye, at cat in a produce box.   Border images could include the Hole in Rock swimming hole along the river, the dome, the army tent, Henny Penny (the only chicken to survive wild predator attack).  The oak grove with moss covered boulders.  The dilapidated log cabin on the neighbor's land.  A signpost on the road pointing to Oregon.

I write this for myself.  If you enjoy it or not, go your way in light and blessing,   The Wendy Flower

No comments:

Post a Comment